Round 5 of 2012 Super GT was held last weekend at Suzuka, Japan. This 1,000kms (173 laps of the 5.807km circuit) round was extremely challenging for the GT drivers, as the temperatures on the car was up to 60 Celcius! Imagine driving in that condition for almost 6 hours (2-3 hours for each driver), that was quite a feat.
The GT500 car Keihin HSV had a bad accident which saw his car lost control and smashed the wall. Luckily the driver Koudai Tsukakoshi was not injured. See the crash in the video below, you will be amazed that the driver was okay.
The GT300 category was won by triple a vantage GT3, which started the race from the last place! How on earth did they manage to do it?
The GT500 results for Round 5 Suzuka:
1. #1, S Road REITO MOLA GT-R, 5:59’01.662
2. #35, KeePer Kraft SC430, +15.076
3. #24, D’station ADVAN GT-R, +16.583
The GT300 results for Round 5 Suzuka:
1. #66, triple a vantage GT3, 5:59’30.406
2. #3, S Road NDDP GT-R, +53.633
3. #88, MonePa LAMBORGHINI GT3, 1 lap
Watch the Crash: