The Round 3 of 2012 Super GT was held on 9-10th June 2012, in Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia. It is the only Super GT round that is held out of Japan. The searing hot weather in Malaysia makes this round a very challenging one. The track surface temperature even rose to over 50 Degree Celsius.
The dramatic race saw GT500 car No. 24 D’station ADVAN GT-R burst its rear tyre and forced to retire from the race. GT300 class No. 0 GSR HATSUNEMIKU BMW was at second position before it ran out of fuel with just half a lap remaining. There was also a wildcard entry by a Malaysian Team – ThunderAsia MT900M (Mosler MT900M / XV), which retired from the race after 28 laps.
Super GT 2012 Round 3 Sepang GT500 Results:
1. #18 weider HSV-010 (Honda HSV-010 GT), 1:47’52.531
2. #38 ZENT CERUMO SC430 (LEXUS SC430), +3.016
3. #6 ENEOS SUSTINA SC430 (LEXUS SC430), +9.642
Super GT 2012 Round 3 Sepang GT300 Results:
1. #33 HANKOOK PORSCHE (PORSCHE 911 GT3 R), 1:47’57.011
2. #911 ENDLESS TAISAN 911 (PORSCHE 911 GT3 R), +24.267
3. #66 triple a vantage GT3 (Aston Martin Vantage GT3), +26.543